Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Shenandoah Valley of Virginia






I can't believe it has been a month since I last did a posting. My apologies, I really don't know where the time goes. Well, part of that time went to a vacation in the lovely Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. My hubby and I were there at the perfect time of year to enjoy the spectacular colors of Autumn. We went hiking, driving and antiquing. What could be better. We explored Skyline Drive and Monticello along with several other historical spots. I can't say enough about the garden at Monticello, it was gorgeous. The sampler in the photo was from the Michie Tavern, an early American tavern located down the road from Monticello. The food was exceptional. I ate southern dishes that I never experienced before and they were great, like black-eyed peas. No vacation would be complete without searching out a new cross stitch shop. I found Cross Stitch Station in Waynesboro, VA. Waynesboro is the southern access point to Skyline Drive and the Shenandoah National Park, so very conveniently located. Terry, the owner is a wonderful woman. Her enthusiasm about needlework is enough to get anyone stitching. Her shop is "an oasis" for the stitcher, with charts, threads, fabric, you name it, she has it. I hope if you are ever travelling near Waynesboro, you look up Terry.

Happy Monday!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment