Monday, February 13, 2012

Nashville Sneak Peek ~ Sylvania

Sylvania sneak peek

Hi Friends!

I am so excited to be exhibiting at my first Nashville Market this month. Getting ready for it has completely taken over my life. I will have three new releases and will give you a preview in the coming days as the model stitching is finished up and they are framed. Here is a little sneak peek of Sylvania, the first of a collaboration with Brenda Kocher from Brenda Kocher Designs. We decided we wanted to design a few pieces that had a similar theme and chose Baltimore Album quilts as our inspiration. Our series is entitled Baltimore Brides and Sylvania is my first contribution. She is a fun gal, a bit whimsical and is most at home in a woodland grove. From a design point of view, she is a study in monochromism, using a wide variety of greens. She is stitched on 28 count Doubloon linen from Picture This Plus using DMC floss. I can't wait to fully introduce you, but she is waiting for a frame, which I will not get to until tomorrow. The frame is an East Side Mouldings This Old House in Parlour Green.

It is funny how the design process sometimes works for me, I kept playing around with several ideas for this piece and nothing was working. I was starting to panic (just a little), But once everything came together I was so excited with the design that I dropped everything else I was working on to stitch Sylvania. She also went through quite a few names, but I finally decided on Sylvania. Be watching for more updates.

I have to get back to stitching...

All my Best,
Beth

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I can't wait to see what you else you have in store for market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Doubloon and I spy a cute little birdie! Can't wait to see the design in all its glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous peak !!!!!!!
    Looking forward to seeing more ;)

    ReplyDelete