Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Christmas Ornament using Lace Trellis chart


I sent a shipment of Lace Trellis off to Hoffman last Friday, so hopefully it will be ready for distribution this Friday. Please visit your local needlework shop and request it. If you don't have a shop, let me know and I will help you find one.

As promised here is another alternative application for Lace Trellis, as a Christmas ornament. The ornament is a cube, created from six squares of perforated paper. After cross stitching the Lace Trellis motif, I decided it needed a little sparkle to catch the light while hanging on the tree. I added a few Mill Hill beads to this effect. I then used a herringbone stitch to attach the sides together. The top and bottom are the tricky sides, my solution was to use two needles, one on each end of the thread and then create the stitch in a back and forth manner. The result is a neat little three-dimensional ornament that works up pretty quickly.

Happy Wednesday!!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment