Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rain, Rain...

Go away or go to Texas, anywhere but here in Central PA.

Flood D

This is the nice, tranquil Conodoguinet Creek, which flows right below my house. We are fortunate that our house is up a high bank and out of the danger zone. But...

Flood B

neighbors right down the street are not so lucky. As shown in the photo, the creek is coming up to meet the house.

Flood C

Here is another photo showing how fast the water is moving. Please remember our neighbors and others who are being displaced by the raging waters of Tropical Storm Lee in your prayers. The forecast for the Susquehanna River at Harrisburg is that it will have the second highest crest level in history.

One good thing about all of the rain...I just want to sit and stitch. I am restitching a couple of models to get them ready for a trunk show in October. I'll have more info on that, but I think I will save that for another post.

Hope you are keeping dry!!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment