Monday, July 8, 2013

Ethereal Illumination Ornament in Just CrossStitch

Ethereal Illumination-JXS preview w/ Mag

Thought I would share with you my ornament that is in the July/August 2013 issue of Just CrossStitch magazine. This is the first Ethereal Illumination ornament you will see, a second design will be included in the 2013 Just CrossStitch special edition ornament issue. And if two are not enough for your tree, I will be releasing another 7 accompanying designs in a chart in September. (About the same time the ornament issue hits the newsstands.) All of the ornaments were inspired by stained glass windows in churches or cathedrals. They are stitched with Weeks Dye Works floss in Purple Rain, Curry and Garnet on 28 ct. opalescent white Lugana from Zweigart.

Ethereal Illumination-JXS Preview

A close up view, somehow the sparkles in the fabric just don't come out in the photos, you can see a little bit of sparkle here. The hanger was created using Mill Hill beads. Another sparkly touch.

Ethereal Illumination-close up finishing

Here you can see a close up of the edge finishing. I used a "biscornu" finishing technique, lacing ladderstitch through the perimeter backstitch on each side of fabric. I love this finishing, it is easy and looks really nice.

I will share more photos, once I have the other ornaments in hand. My daughter liked the designs so well she offered to stitch the models for me. I don't get to see them until she visits in August!

Happy Stitching!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment